Irma check in
  • Slough
    Boat Name:
    Boat Model: 240 sportsman

Irma check in

by Slough » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:01 pm

We are good. We dodged this one in S. W. Ga. Lost a lot of pecans and some trees. Gust to 50 with sustained averaging around 25 with no backside. As loaded as the pecan trees are, a cat 1 would have wiped them out. Some cotton damage also. I lost 1 pecan tree at the house. Friend lost his grain elevator. Some still out of power, I was out Mon for about 9 hrs.
    pmcnealy
    Site Admin
    Boat Name: Scallywag
    Boat Model: 240 Sportsman

Re: Irma check in

by pmcnealy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:45 pm

We are good. We dodged this one in S. W. Ga. Lost a lot of pecans and some trees. Gust to 50 with sustained averaging around 25 with no backside. As loaded as the pecan trees are, a cat 1 would have wiped them out. Some cotton damage also. I lost 1 pecan tree at the house. Friend lost his grain elevator. Some still out of power, I was out Mon for about 9 hrs.
    Slough, I'm happy to hear things worked-out for you in GA (mostly). We did pretty well (especially considering we are in south Florida). We never lost power, and only a couple small trees went down. I guess Matthew took all the weak trees last year... :D

I know Albany, GA got hit pretty good (I have a distribution center up there). Those big ole trees can't take the wind... Glad you're good to go!
    Patrick
    ProlineOwnerForum.com Founder
  • Slough
    Boat Name:
    Boat Model: 240 sportsman

Re: Irma check in

by Slough » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:05 pm

I am 25 miles south of Albany. Haven't really watched the news much this week, but haven't heard of nothing major in Albany.