Friday
  • Slough
    Boat Name:
    Boat Model: 240 sportsman

Friday

by Slough » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Working Saturday but heading down to Panacea on Sunday for the first annual Cluster Shuck Oyster Fest.
  • adam9066
    Boat Name:
    Boat Model:

Re: Friday

by adam9066 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:23 am

never liked oysters I have tried them several times I just cant get into them. I love clams though but it seems clams are more of a northern thing here in VA ever place sells oysters very few places do clams.

Hows the boat been running?
  • Slough
    Boat Name:

by Slough » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Adam, boat is running good when I get to use it. Planning on doing some more upgrades/repairs this winter. Apalachicola Fl oysters are some of the best in the world. They are natural grown in the bay and can only be harvested by tonging. Panacea and other areas of N. Fl. are trying to get into oyster farming , where they are grown in submerged netting or baskets. That is what this festival was about, marketing. I have some friends down there that have a lease and is the main reason for going. About 10+ years ago they started raising/farming clams in the area also. The clams are good also.
  • Slough
    Boat Name:

by Slough » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:44 am

It's Friday again. Working Sat. morning then running a coon hunt field trial Sat. night (sho is still mighty warm ). What ya'll got going on?