Raw Water Washdown not working
    pmcnealy
    Site Admin
    Boat Name: Scallywag
    Boat Model: 240 Sportsman

Raw Water Washdown not working

by pmcnealy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:54 pm

I replaced my livewell pump a while ago. It had a 500, single port Rule in there (the previous owner must have disconnected the washdown).

I want to use the washdown, so I bought an 1100 and hooked-up the lines. The livewell works, but the raw water doesn't. I can see water in the line, but its like it doesn't have enough power to get all the way through the line.
    20170916_084436.jpg
    Anybody have any thoughts on what could be happening?
    Patrick
    ProlineOwnerForum.com Founder
  • Slough
    Boat Name:
    Boat Model: 240 sportsman

Re: Raw Water Washdown not working

by Slough » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:58 pm

My 96 uses a wash down pump instead of bait well pump. It has a 3 way cable controlled valve to change between the wash down and live well. You can only use 1 or the other at a time.
    pmcnealy
    Site Admin
    Boat Name: Scallywag
    Boat Model: 240 Sportsman

Re: Raw Water Washdown not working

by pmcnealy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 pm

My 96 uses a wash down pump instead of bait well pump. It has a 3 way cable controlled valve to change between the wash down and live well. You can only use 1 or the other at a time.
    I wasn't entirely sure what that diverter was all about, when I bought the boat (the previous owner removed it all). I figured that would be a good spot to install ports for my electric reels :D

This weekend, I went ahead and re-plumbed the entire setup. Once all these hurricanes clear-out, I'll get the boat in the water and see how she goes...
    Patrick
    ProlineOwnerForum.com Founder